Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is this a real German Inspection Mark? Waffenamt? Help! Do I have a Fake?

Luft?

Had a friend suggest "Luftamt". Common for air service stuff, especially during DubDubToo. During the war became the LBA mark. The "L" in the circle on the chest is wierd, thats why he thought Luftwaffe. JMTCW Jason

Proof Marks

Did not find any proof marks listing 10 as a factory. However, the Germans started to use codes towards the end of the war to hide the factorys where the arms were being built. Circle 10 is Bulgaria Factory 10. If you could tell what gun/part the stamp is on that would help. I have lots of books.

DLBTAP,

I am 99% sure that this part was made before about 1938 when most of the Nazi style stamps took over from the interwar style stamps. It is certainly not a war piece. That is or its a fake. I can almost assure you that the telling you the piece will not help. You can trust me on that or PM me and I will tell you. I told Rory and he agrees that it did not help... just confused the issue.

Really the key here is to find this mark on another gun or find someone who knows a lot about these Interwar stamps. If they are real, they were made after 1918 and before about 1938.

http://www.lugerforum.com/lugermarkings/proof-5.html

Check this out... number 54. Looks the same but on a machine gun part? Now I just need to know the meaning of the "10"?

54. Krieghoff proofs, 1935-1939. The right proof is found on all parts

http://forum.lugerforum.com/showthre...threadid=20145

didnt think of krieghoff. I check my fg42.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter. -Sir Winston Churchill -

WTB: Colt m66 tripod, Colt m74 tripod, Colt m37 tripod, (If you have a colt tripod for a bmg that is not a m35 argentine pattern, lets talk)

The part I don't understand is if the guy selling it is "known" as a master forger why it would have such a questionable stamp on it. It would seem he would use something more recognizable, I would think the stamps would be one of the easier things to fake.

Quote Originally Posted by jmann View Post
    didnt think of krieghoff. I check my fg42.
    You mean you have a FG42 and you have never posted pictures or a video clip of it shooting!!! Come on man, don't you like us?

Please let me know what you find out.

Quote Originally Posted by 30calmachinegunner View Post
    The part I don't understand is if the guy selling it is "known" as a master forger why it would have such a questionable stamp on it. It would seem he would use something more recognizable, I would think the stamps would be one of the easier things to fake.
    Ok well now we are getting to my thinking and I guess I will tell what the stamp is on. Check out this link. Everything but the Fusee cover came from this guy.

http://www.mg42.us/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=5660

I also have a bipod in the WWII field Gray, not stamped, a waterjacket plug (without retaining nubs) and a waterport cover (for the upgraded version... its just a little twist Cap). Those last two parts are only used on the interwar upgrade MG08/15. You can see a picture of this in The Devils Paintbrush.

So if they are repros... why in the hell would you repro them? I mean there are only like 10-20 of those guns left in the whole world and most are not missing parts! I will take some pictures tonight.

Thanks for the help guys!