1919 A4 Forums banner

For sale or trade

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  CNC_OPERATOR 
#1 ·
UPPER FOR SALE ONLY. No lower receiver

I have a 20 in flat top AR-15 upper for sale or trade for a good optic to mount on a .50bmg rifle.

My uppers details: 20in heavy chrome lined barrel with a YHM Vortex flash hider.

It has a YHM 2 rail clamp on gas block. The forearm is an aluminum full float tube.

The upper receiver is an A3 Flat top, key hole prof upper, the top rail is marked in white text.

It has mounted on it a BSA Sweet .223 with 3 turrets for 3 bullet weights. It has a one piece mount with built in rings. The bolt assembly and charging handle are included.

This upper has 100 rnds through it, it looks like new.

I will take $625 OBO OR trade for a high end optic to handle a .50 BMG rifle and cash depending on what the optic is.

This is a different scope in the pic, the scope that is included with this upper is alot better and the physical size is bigger.

See less See more
#5 ·
I have a NIB GunTec USA Heavy Duty Illuminated Sniper Scope
8.5-34x52 power
Illuminated reticule
Bullet drop compensator
2 sun shades
Parallax Adjustment w/parallax wheel
Ruby coated lens with screw on aluminum covers

If interested pm me.

#6 ·
What type of scope you looking for.
I got one of the higher end sighton think its a 3.5-10-50mm

If you would want that then we may be able to deal on what I talked about before.

Post up what your looking and it may help.

#7 ·
Okay, here is what I am looking for in a scope.

30mm tube

variable power no more than 24 power

40-50mm Obj

Mildot or a range finding reticule.

MUST be .50 BMG rated.

I like the Super Sniper 16power,

The Bushnell Elite 3200 10 x 40 scope has my interest also.

I dont want an ATN, Barska, Leapers etc... I want a good quality "fifty" scope.

#8 ·
50 scope

I will tell you from years of experiance the only glass made for the 50BMG is Nightforce Period. You will find the 50 is far more fun to shoot at longer ranges (1000 - 2500 yds.) and the 12-42 Scope is the only thing that will work every time. A fifty just starts shooting at 1000 yds. I have a custom Mc Millan light benchrest and it will drive nails at 1000 yds using the bore riders or the Amax bullets with Vitivouri 2029 powder. I found that the only other scopes that will hold up to the 50 is Leupold or Burris but they are worthless beyond 800 Yds. When it comes to 50 Rifles you will get Performance only with the best Glass. I know there expensive but so is the gun and ammunition

#10 ·
I think what Barrett sells on his is swarovski, at least thats what has been on the last 5 I set up. Also did several with Ziess also in the past...

I also see that now they are using a bunch of the Leupold now also.

Many scopes will work, many will hold up. some are better for one thing then others. I know some guys around here that are using 10 power and 14 power for deer hunting. They are not shooting much at 1000 just 5-600 yards and have fun and work.

It's just money.....:rolleyes:

#11 ·
I will prob not shoot out to 1000 yards much, I cant on my property and dont know of a range locally that will allow the .50 bmg or has a 1000 yard lane.

I will be shooting in the 300 yrd range mostly. I will eventually be in the position to buy a Night Force. But for now its not feasable. My uncle shoots a State Arms with a 20x Super Sniper and the scope works fine, with no problems holding zero.

#12 ·
Scopes

I would never say a Sworovsky is not intended to handle the recoil of the fifty.If you go to a store that has both and look at something 1 mile away you will quickly see the Night force is better. The night force with the multiple cross hairs can be sighted in at dead on with the top cross hair at 200 yds and using the remaining cross hairs (without touching the dials) to shoot out to 2,500 yds. There are probably many scopes that will hold up but i was refering to the ones I have sh0t. If you go to a fifty Cal. target shoot you will find the night force on 95 percent of the guns there.

#14 ·
Nightforce has a lifetime guarantee..they are expensive but worth the money if you shoot 1000+ yards. The hard part, on the east coast, is finding anywhere to shoot...This is my 50...except I have a stainless 36" barrel (no flutes) and a rear mono pod.

I also have equipment to build your match rounds....Corbin press on the east coast! With no room to shot anymore, I may part for $ or trade. Also have hundreds of brass..690 grs. and some AMAX. Nice K lockable case.

John

#15 ·
scopes

If i did not have 12 SQuare miles of Wyoming Prarie to shoot on i probably would not have had the gun built. The problem is if and when you get to shoot at the longer ranges you will be spoiled to shoot at any thing less. I have seen Antelope taken out to 1,200+ yds with the Barnes 600 gr hollow Point and believe me they go down instantly and the best part the skin will be TOTALLY detached from the body.

#16 ·
Nightforce has a lifetime guarantee..they are expensive but worth the money if you shoot 1000+ yards. The hard part, on the east coast, is finding anywhere to shoot...This is my 50...except I have a stainless 36" barrel (no flutes) and a rear mono pod.

I also have equipment to build your match rounds....Corbin press on the east coast! With no room to shot anymore, I may part for $ or trade. Also have hundreds of brass..690 grs. and some AMAX. Nice K lockable case.

John

If you want to sell your stuff, start your own thread and advertise it. Dont hijack my thread with your pitch!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.