1919 A4 Forums banner

Help ID 22cal rolling block , 22cal rising block , need parts also

8K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  jayboy74 
#1 ·
Want to trade FLOBERT 22cal rolling block , 22cal rising block

-----
thanks guys for the ID on the 3 parts guns , I think i am going to trade them or sell them on gunbroker to help me with a few of my builds. If anyone has anything they are interested in trading for these 3 parts guns please pm me with what you want to trade.
-----

hey guys , I have another flea market find , I bought a box of 22 rifle parts at the flea market . Well i almost have enough parts to complete 2 rifles with a barreled receiver left over. I am pretty sure they a belgium by the markings but from my understanding brevete is a french term so it has me a little confused to the origins of the rifles. I have researched the names and style of locks but i can not find any info on these guns. If anyone has any info on them or parts to complete them please let me know

First rifle ,

Rolling block 22 cal , full octagon barrel all the way back , no change in barrel dimensions at all , it is the same diameter at the loading port in the back , Its 22 cal , not sure if its short or long rifle. This rifle in my opinon has a really flimsy action LOL well at least compared to my remington rolling block . It has a really ornate trigger guard and a very nice checkered stock , Its marked , Left side of barrel Star over E , then ELG inside a circle , Underneath barrel TM , 19 , Crown over GM , then its marked star E on the receiver. I think its belgium from the markings.

Second rifle

22 cal rifle , again not sure if its short or long. It has a full octagon barrel that becomes square at the breach , it has a flip up breach that is hinged on each side of the breach , It has the same stock design and cut out for the trigger guard but is missing the trigger guard so i am guessing it uses the very ornate guard as well. The rifle is marked P. Bishop , Brelete ,under the barrel , serial # is under 50 =) it is also marked with star A , and what looks like a wand with waves coming off of it. , To load this rifle you have to pull the large hammer on top of the breach back ,and flip up the rear of the receiver using a handle that protrudes from the right side of the receiver , it has an automatic ejector built into it , once loaded you flip it back down and when you pull the trigger the hammer falls , Both locking the receiver down and hitting the firing pin. Seems like a really safe and sturdy design , If i get this one back together i think it will be safe to shoot =)

3rd rifle , Just a 22 cal barreled receiver =) Its identical to the 2nd rifle , Its marked C.R. Schop & C , Brevete s , also marked ELG in circle.

See less See more
#2 ·
Thier Belgian, the first one looks to be a early model target rifle, by Fabrique Nationale D' Armes De Guerre, they made alot of target rifle for different compaines in the late 1800 to early 1900 all over the world. The ELG you see is actually a proof mark (LEG) for Liege Belgium. The first one is a old model and well if its reeeeeally worn ... it'll auto eject on you :D I have a full stocked cadet model in 32 rimfire that was converted to center fire in the early 1900's BUT these were made for black powder and we tried a low grain charge and it fired very well and ejected the case and re-cocked the hammer for us, Soo may wanna hang the first one up. The second and third are a later model ie the "Safe model" and should accept a 22 long rifle, but I would if you want to shoot them (only the second one) use 22 short or long not mini mag. Any hooo I'd bench fire them maybe 10 rnds to keep yourself safe and then look them over very closely before shooting them in hand :D. That just me I like keeping my ugly mug as it is.

#6 ·
I was thinking they were called Folberts...Was hopeing someone would kick start my brain....I've got one thats in pretty rusted and taken apart condition...

Story I heard at one time is they were used for gallary shooting in bars in Germany and such at one time.. They used a VARY MILD rd...Seen a few pic's at one time of pistols on the same line that were also suppost to have been used in Bar Gallarys....Lou

#7 ·
Thanks Everyone for the great info =) I didn't think i would ever find out what they were but with the info you gave i know i own a folbert or two =) I at least now have a name to put with them , I am going to do more research and see if i can not find a few parts for them =) I would love to get all 3 of them put back together , I know i would nevershoot the rolling block design but i think the lifting blocks are sturdy enough to shoot again =)

#8 ·
I spotted them for Flobert parlor rifles right off. But only because I'm a trivia freak. They should be chambered for 5.56mm Flobert which is the same as a .22 CB cap which uses only the priming as propellent. I would think they would be safe to shoot the round they are intended for.

Lucky you, by the way

#9 ·
I am thinking of listing these 3 rifles on gunbroker unless someone here is interested in them , If your interested in the 3 parts rifles PM me what you have to trade.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.