1919 A4 Forums banner

57mm recoilless rifle shell

9K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  infoseeker456 
#1 ·
I am going to mount a 57mm recoilless rifle (M18A1) on my M274 Mule, and would like to display with a dummy round or empty shell. Also, I need to find a source(s) for some needed small parts.

#2 ·
Don't take this the wrong way but that's going to look out of place...... I know three fellows with 106's mounted and a 57 is just going to look too small plus by that era the 57 was just about out of the system.

#3 ·
57mm recoilless rifle

Thanks KABAR2, Yes, I know that it is not right, but it would be a crowd pleaser in a parade. I currently display with either an ANM2 .30, twin 50s, or a spade grip shorty 1919. None of these are "correct", but I enjoy the attention at parades. I would not want to display at a military show with these unconventional additions because they are not correct military configurations. Just want something different.

#6 ·
There is a nice Mule for sale in CA with a 106 with 50 cal spotter for sale on G503

#8 ·
You ever read a post and it brings back memories? Well about 4 or 5 years ago i was at the flea market and a guy had a bunch of artillery shells. I bought all the WW2 dated ones he had and left the recoiless and a few post dated ones sitting. He had at least 7 recoiless rifle shells , He even had 2 106mm shells , I could have bought the remainder of his collection for $120 but i didn't , Never thought recoiless rifle shells would be so hard to come by.

#9 ·
If you happen across anyone with a stash of 57MM cases I would be interested. I have been paying $150 a case when I can find them (only found a couple, very tough). I even posted a want ad in Shotgun News for three months. I didn't receive any leads or calls.
There's a guy on AR15 that has a live 57mm and is looking for good 57mm shells to use in his gun. You might see if he can trade if yours are useable.

#10 ·
Is that $150 for an empty shell casing?

If you happen across anyone with a stash of 57MM cases I would be interested. I have been paying $150 a case when I can find them (only found a couple, very tough). I even posted a want ad in Shotgun News for three months. I didn't receive any leads or calls.

#11 ·
#12 ·
Yes that is a $150 an empty case for a good one. Yes, if you have some and you would like to sell them I would purchase them from you at that price. Is that expensive, sure is. Do I think that is a dumb price..., I do, but that seems to be what they go for, I need them, so that is what I pay. The projectiles are around, the cases are tough.

#13 ·
I will keep my eyes opened for some for you , What do i need to look for in way of a good one as you call it? I am not here to make a killing so if i find a good deal i will pass it along to you with a small finder fee =)

Yes that is a $150 an empty case for a good one. Yes, if you have some and you would like to sell them I would purchase them from you at that price. Is that expensive, sure is. Do I think that is a dumb price..., I do, but that seems to be what they go for, I need them, so that is what I pay. The projectiles are around, the cases are tough.

#14 ·
Almost all of the one's I have found have been new looking with the lacquor coating still on the shell. If the metal isn't bent and deformed or really rusted, I am interested. Doesn't have to be pristine, just not beat to death and rusted through. If anyone has any leads I would really appreciate them or I would also be interested in any subcal devices for a 57MM or a 75MM recoilless rifle.

Regards

#16 ·
infoseeker456
if you are looking for a DD M-18 57mm recoilless rifle you really need to go over to http://grog101.forumco.com/login.asp?target=default.asp
register on the forum and post for Evil Blonde she is having to give up her`s to raise money for life issues

"The gun is Registered as a DD but I had to stop work on it a few years ago as I started to become ill... the chamber needs to be sleeved to fire the large rounds... Steve Carlusco can sleeve the chamber and repair the dime sized burn hole in the barrel or it can be subcal into a 50BMG or a 20mm RR... there are three subcals for it a set that contains a functional .22 and a 30-06 that needs a firing pin made... have photo's etc. and there is a 30 carbine subcal that is functional that needs a couple screws tapped to finish it.. provided... all manuals and canvas, rammer.. five original ammo crates... most filled with empty casings and fiberboard tubes... a big can of projectiles... extra scopes and lights for night shooting. spare firing pins and a sear and orignal spare throat blocks... probably the most complete pile around... I need 6500 to cover life costs "

if you wish i will try to put you in touch with her but you must be willing to pay her asking price ,she is a good lady and need every penny of it !!!

PM me if you are interested

#18 ·
A couple of weeks ago you were looking for recoilless rifle case and posted to 1919a4.com. A guy called me today with 12 cases for sale that are new, never loaded, new lacquor finish. He wants $150 each for them. Probably a reasonable deal, but that is more than I wanted to spend on cases right now. I just purchased a group of mortar parts so the fun money budget is thin. If you are interested, give me a ring.

Dustin Wing
dustin_wing@yahoo.com

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.