Thread: Bren gun picture

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, Canada

Bren gun picture

Saw this while browsing a for-sale forum on a canadian gun site. A beautiful deactivated Bren, but as nice as it is, it is not my primary concern. What is, is that hunky thing sitting on top of it! Wow that drum looks cool, are they very common?
    Proud to be UBC

Also a proud member of:
    www.mg42.us
    www.canadiangunnutz.com

They can be found but sell at high prices compared to the 30 round mag. It also requires an adapter to use the 100 round drum. IMA has just the drum and adapter for sale at nearly $1500. I would say they are very rare.

Nick
    WTB- Ishapore 2A .308 scope mount.

Four out of five politicians surveyed prefer unarmed, ignorant peasants

"We will be the first defence, and the last line to break! So stand strong my Brothers...we must not falter... we must not disband. The revolution is coming and we will be the first to defend it!"-Nikolai Behnken-AFU

Quote Originally Posted by FALpro85 View Post
    They can be found but sell at high prices compared to the 30 round mag. It also requires an adapter to use the 100 round drum. IMA has just the drum and adapter for sale at nearly $1500. I would say they are very rare.

Nick
    There was a guy on gunbroker that was selling a case of 4 drums for $4000.

Looks cool, but I don't really see the value.

IF my memory and what I read are correct, the drum is supposed to be part of an anti-aircraft setting of the tripod for the BREN. To me, I think part of what gives the BREN its "style" is the curved magazine coming up from the top of it. The drum takes away from that, aesthetically. But to each their own. If you were going to use it in a manner that might require long burst fire, I guess I could see it if a belt-fed weapon were not available- but wasn't that where the Vickers came into play? The primary advantage of the BREN over the Vickers was portability, right? The drum (and its ammo load) would seem to go against that.
    In the end, those who felt the "need" to make better choices for the rest of us should be told that they have a choice between going to the gallows, or being fed chocolate cake. But WE get to "make the BETTER choice" for THEM for once.

This time around, perhaps we should refer to it as "The War of Progressive Aggression"?

"We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union." -Lone Watie

Definitely meant for static AA defense - I believe the mount had its' own AA sighting arrangement and was called the 'Motley' mount. It came with either 1 or 2 brens.

Would be pretty impressive firepower in the carry mode - however the actual 'line of sight' was literally impractical due to the width of the drum.....

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, Canada
    Thanks for the reply and info guys . Hmm not being able to aim it would be a bit of a setback ! I guess it also appears to be pretty heavy, and you are right joker. A beltfed would suit that role much better!
    Proud to be UBC

Also a proud member of:
    www.mg42.us
    www.canadiangunnutz.com