1919 A4 Forums banner

Libyan Small Arms

7K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Story 
#1 ·
I suppose everyone has been watching the news and the fighting going on in Libya. I have observed the following small arms & artillery, that I can identify, in use by the rebels.

FN FAL (Imbel style)
H&K G3
AK 47
RPK
Beretta 92
Dshk
FN MAG 58
RPG-7
DP 28
Browning Hi-power
Sterling
L1A1 FAL
Italian 6.5mm Carcano
Hungarian AK
Egyptian Rashid carbine
RP 46 (Belt fed DP28)

US 106mm Recoiless Rifle
US 106mm RR w/M8 spotter rifle
ZPU-2 (twin ZU23)
ZPU-4 (quad ZU23)

Anyone else see anything?

See less See more
#3 ·
Qu daffy has bombed his arms depots so if we want surplus ammo from him, it is going to be less than what we expect.......like components or parts & pieces!

#4 ·
I love my Izzy FAL,, that being said, I think I saw one of the Rebel fighters trying to clear a jamb on a FAL,, yanking away on the bolt,,, not a confidence builder. I'd have to go with an AK or the G 3 myself,,, or an RPG

#6 ·
I suppose everyone has been watching the news and the fighting going on in Libya. I have observed the following small arms & artillery, that I can identify, in use by the rebels.

FN FAL
H&K G3
AK 47
RPK
Beretta 92
Dshk
FN MAG 58

US 106mm Recoiless Rifle

Not sure what the nomenclature is for the single,twin & quad AA guns. Anyone else see anything?
ZPU-2 and ZPU-4s melted a few of those with thermite grenades. Really tear the hell out of the reciever blocks.

#12 ·
RP46 is the belt fed version of the DPM.

I've seen a couple of ZU23's (twin 23mm Soviet AA's) both on the ground and in the back of some trucks. Mind you, the trucks look a little 'undersized' for the task of hauling this around - let alone providing any type of stability when it's in action !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.