1919 A4 Forums banner

15th Installment - Semi-Auto C5A1 Build - Bottom Plate Mods

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  fjruple 
#1 ·
Bottom Plate Modifications - Casing (Receiver) Group

One of the minor upgrade modifications of the C1 to C5A1 configuration is bottom plate repair to prevent staking of the Breech Cam Lock Screw (5395-00-502-0527) from the bottom of the Bottom Plate. This modification was simply enlarging the hole with a 5/8 counter bore to the same depth as the original hole. Staking of Breech Cam Lock Screw is done from inside the Casing Group. The staking of breech cam lock screw is accomplished the same as the .30 Caliber Browning. The breech cam lock screw should not be completely tightened.

Folks – This Installment concludes the modifications to the Casing (Receiver) Group of the C5A1. I will in separate installments discuss the rear sight, rear sight base, back plates and front sights of the C5A1. None of these installments will keep you from having an operational semi-auto C5A1. Additionally, I have not included an installment on the top plate as no conversion or modification has been made to that part while in Canadian service.

My next installment will be modification to the barrel. Then I will followup with a series of installments that will discuss the modifications to breech bolt group. After the breech bolt group, I will do a series on the modified top cover of the C1/C5A1. Then I will finish up with installments of all of the minor components of the C5A1.

-fjruple

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.