1919 A4 Forums banner

russian pkm belt loader value?

5K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Pathfinder01 
#1 ·
i've not seen any of these move locally for a long time. any idea of the value today?

#5 ·
I bought my ruski belt loader for 350.00 shipped. seen them as cheap as 285, but they obviously did not last long.
i pmd you about vickers parts, whatcha gots???
Interested in the 54R conversion stuff too.
Oh yea and your original vickers belt loader too!!! :))

#8 ·
Good Question worth asking

We have seen them sell new for 100 units or more for as little as about $200.00 to 250.00 USD each in 2004/05. Recently we were quoted $800.00 for other new ones, but this is crazy even for new ones in bulk.

Since about 2003 onward, with a lot of Eastern Standard equipment being bout and sold for Iraq and Afghanistan, prices have gone through the roof as suppliers became greedy. Almost like a bit of a gold rush, but not good for long term business credibility (some of these folks simply don't care).

Right now there is really no fixed price and surplus used ones, bounce all over the maps

Not the best of answers, but at least this provides some understanding of what is going on

#9 ·
Pathfinder01 writes:

>......as little as about $200.00 to 250.00 USD each in 2004/05.<

Well yeah! Not to put too fine a point on it, but that wasn't even a deal then for bulk quantities, considering that you could buy them for $175 off the boards and at KC six or more years ago. I bought 10 Russian loaders at KC for $1200 in 2006. They still are the best of the old comblock 54r loaders. The world, and especially the NFA parts and NFA world was a far different place 6-7 years ago compared to today!

Bob Naess

#12 ·
Pathfinder01 writes:

>......as little as about $200.00 to 250.00 USD each in 2004/05.<

Well yeah! Not to put too fine a point on it, but that wasn't even a deal then for bulk quantities, considering that you could buy them for $175 off the boards and at KC six or more years ago. I bought 10 Russian loaders at KC for $1200 in 2006. They still are the best of the old comblock 54r loaders. The world, and especially the NFA parts and NFA world was a far different place 6-7 years ago compared to today!

Bob Naess
The purpose of our post was for informational purposes only. The prices quoated and the dates given were for new production, not surplus which could be anything, basically. A question was asked and we answered it with the best information we have, based on buying and selling hundreds of new linking machines over time and our knowledge of the Eastern Standard Equipment market going back to 1986. A link to our background with this equipment is enclosed below.

http://cainalongbranch.com/Home

#14 ·
Pathfinder01 writes:

".........new production, not surplus which could be anything, basically."

We know what is available here from the importers, what we're getting and it's not "anything".

What you note is fine, and I was just pointing out that the surplus market in the US for the NFA collecting and shooting community has changed drmatically in the last 6-7 years, so prices back then bear little or no relationship to prices now for what is available in the US. This may not be true for the business you represent, dealing in new production with worldwide import and export capabilities, but it is for the collector/hobby MG industry in the US that is mostly dependent on import of military surplus and not newly made military equipment for the most part.
The surplus Russian loaders that I've purchased over the years have mostly been 1970s dated and work perfectly, unlike the similar Polish OK loaders, which often need considerable fettling to make them reliable.
The Russian loaders that have been popular here are the small sheetmetal devices in the green painted pine boxes. I've loaded many, many thousands of rounds in belts for 1910, PKM, RP46 and various 54r converted Vickers, Maxims, etc with virtually no problems with these little loaders. They are gems!
If you can provide these Ruyssian style loaders for $200 delivered in the US, you'd make some $.......

Bob Naess
Black River Militaria CII

#15 ·
Pathfinder01 writes:

".........new production, not surplus which could be anything, basically."

We know what is available here from the importers, what we're getting and it's not "anything".

What you note is fine, and I was just pointing out that the surplus market in the US for the NFA collecting and shooting community has changed drmatically in the last 6-7 years, so prices back then bear little or no relationship to prices now for what is available in the US. This may not be true for the business you represent, dealing in new production with worldwide import and export capabilities, but it is for the collector/hobby MG industry in the US that is mostly dependent on import of military surplus and not newly made military equipment for the most part.
The surplus Russian loaders that I've purchased over the years have mostly been 1970s dated and work perfectly, unlike the similar Polish OK loaders, which often need considerable fettling to make them reliable.
The Russian loaders that have been popular here are the small sheetmetal devices in the green painted pine boxes. I've loaded many, many thousands of rounds in belts for 1910, PKM, RP46 and various 54r converted Vickers, Maxims, etc with virtually no problems with these little loaders. They are gems!
If you can provide these Ruyssian style loaders for $200 delivered in the US, you'd make some $.......

Bob Naess
Black River Militaria CII
I appreciate what you say. Unfortunately when the international market gobbles up the equipment, its leaves less for the collector importer market and 7 years sounds about right, - and in many cases the prices do go up, sometimes to a crazy level. Since about 2003 and massive Eastern Standard equipment purchases, especially by the U.S. Government for Iraq and Afghanistan has driven up prices internationally, - almost like a "gold rush" which is not good for the market industry in the long term.

Coupled with that are also some international smallarms disarmament moves based on the more you destroy instead of having properly regulated sales, the more pure and saintly the entire human race will become ( The teachings of Alice in Wonderland and Bugs Bunny!). While this is sometimes a general trend until economic reality kicks for properly regulated sales it does effect the market as a whole

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.