1919 A4 Forums banner

1919 extractors, new , not mine

6K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  tomt 
#1 ·
Searching, found them, knew the guy from previous reading on his collection and never knew he sold stuff, ordered, got it in, perfect and covered in cosmoline
stamped D44087GC

http://www.hayesotoupalik.com/U.S. Machine Gun Parts.htm

part number 001635 .30 BMG Extractor Unit for Bolt of all M1919A4 & M1919A6
$40 shipping was like $3 or something :D
I have no idea how many he has so don't be a douche and order like 20 if you don't need them, spread the wealth to others who need a spare. :D

Also on a similar note I am having one sent off to be scanned for CNC production and see what a buddy of mine could make them for, seeing as no one has gotten off their butt and put it to action :cool:

#10 ·
D6544087 might not be as easy to make for less than $40 + $3 shipping:)
no :rofl: but I got a buddy who does a lot of CNC work and 3D modeling and told him about the slight and ever increasing demand in the market (as they are wear items and there are no more new ones) to see what his work could produce them for.

Looking at them they are not "that" complicated from a CNC milled perspective.....not so much fun on a manually milled one :D

#15 ·
Did he tell you about donating a Huey for some memorial? That's usually good for at least a 20 minute rant.

#14 ·
In case anyone is interested "GC" at the end of the drawing number D44087 is the manufacturers code of Gellman Manufacturing Co. which got into the M1919 parts business around October 1944. Gellman was located in Rock Island and across the river in Davenport IA.

The drawing number is for the extractor not the entire assembly which according to the SNL the entire assembly was the only way it could be ordered by field forces. This is another one of the things that makes you scratch your head.

#16 ·
I called, got the Huey discussion along with the PTA, football teams, how many elk tags his dad filled, you name it, he discussed it. The guy is a serious collector from machinery to GI socks. Said he obtains the wooden crates in which CMP gets the rifles in which are normally burned/discarded as they are part of history also.

#18 ·
Huey, local cannon, riding on Greek public transport after buying all the ww1 us pack equipment the local tour guides were using to shuttle tourists around with a big pile of the stuff in front of him

the renault tank and guns on it, the pom pom in Maine.....

#20 ·
1919 extractors !!

the problem is that as soon as you put some big $$$$$ into this , somebody---somewhere will come up with 1000000 WW2 and sell em for $10.00.
i've been looking into this and called all the big "players" to see whats in stock. they all said none .
well i think it's time for KMP to take the plunge. hope the 1000000 come out before i get to far into it.
JMO.
tomt

#21 ·
the problem is that as soon as you put some big $$$$$ into this , somebody---somewhere will come up with 1000000 WW2 and sell em for $10.00.
i've been looking into this and called all the big "players" to see whats in stock. they all said none .
well i think it's time for KMP to take the plunge. hope the 1000000 come out before i get to far into it.
JMO.
tomt
Did you ever get that drawing I emailed?

#22 ·
extractors.

yep i got em.
thanks.
we are looking into the the whole thing. make enough to break even,but not enough to go broke. .there is a bunch of work on these. and casting is not an option due to the cost of dies.
well talley hoe !!!!
tomt

ps if someone has a bazillion in stock, pleas;)e let me know !!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.