Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1919 extractors, new , not mine

We'll they are gone. He said someone bought all 300 he had. I called this afternoon, and boy can that man talk. I was on the phone with him for over half an hour. Sound like he has some very cool stuff though, if I was closer I'd definitely try to visit.

You were only on the phone with Hayes for half an hour? That's a short call! I don't think I've ever been on less than an hour with him! He's a hoot to chat with

$12,000 worth of extractors? Had to be a big player. OOW, Sarco, Numrich's or some like place.
    Co-Owner
    K&R Armory LLC
    Midsouth Movie Armory LLC
    07 FFL
    Specializing in HK and Browning Platforms
    Movies and TV shows

http://www.youtube.com/CNKILLERCLOWN

"A man has not seen the end of war until he has experienced DEATH" - [plato]..

Quote Originally Posted by usmcdoc14 View Post
    Searching, found them, knew the guy from previous reading on his collection and never knew he sold stuff, ordered, got it in, perfect and covered in cosmoline
    stamped D44087GC

http://www.hayesotoupalik.com/U.S.%2...un%20Parts.htm

part number 001635 .30 BMG Extractor Unit for Bolt of all M1919A4 & M1919A6
    $40 shipping was like $3 or something
    I have no idea how many he has so don't be a douche and order like 20 if you don't need them, spread the wealth to others who need a spare.

Also on a similar note I am having one sent off to be scanned for CNC production and see what a buddy of mine could make them for, seeing as no one has gotten off their butt and put it to action

In case anyone is interested "GC" at the end of the drawing number D44087 is the manufacturers code of Gellman Manufacturing Co. which got into the M1919 parts business around October 1944. Gellman was located in Rock Island and across the river in Davenport IA.

The drawing number is for the extractor not the entire assembly which according to the SNL the entire assembly was the only way it could be ordered by field forces. This is another one of the things that makes you scratch your head.
    "Fat's all right as long as its not from the neck up" Major General Hunter Liggett circa 1919"
    Looking for sympathy, it's in the dictionary, right between SHIT and SYPHILIS" ...... Tom Jisa.... (My father-in-law) circa 1965.. or, if you prefer the more classical......Manus haec inimica tyrannis Einse petit placidam cum liberate quitem. (This hand, enemy to tyrants, By the sword seeks calm peacefulness with liberty)... Algernon Sidney.. (British patriot) circa 1665...

Quote Originally Posted by amish-bob View Post
    You were only on the phone with Hayes for half an hour? That's a short call! I don't think I've ever been on less than an hour with him! He's a hoot to chat with
    Did he tell you about donating a Huey for some memorial? That's usually good for at least a 20 minute rant.
    "Fat's all right as long as its not from the neck up" Major General Hunter Liggett circa 1919"
    Looking for sympathy, it's in the dictionary, right between SHIT and SYPHILIS" ...... Tom Jisa.... (My father-in-law) circa 1965.. or, if you prefer the more classical......Manus haec inimica tyrannis Einse petit placidam cum liberate quitem. (This hand, enemy to tyrants, By the sword seeks calm peacefulness with liberty)... Algernon Sidney.. (British patriot) circa 1665...

I called, got the Huey discussion along with the PTA, football teams, how many elk tags his dad filled, you name it, he discussed it. The guy is a serious collector from machinery to GI socks. Said he obtains the wooden crates in which CMP gets the rifles in which are normally burned/discarded as they are part of history also.

No, nothing about huey choppers. It was tanks, artlillery, football, politics, jap guns, cmp crates. I also called towards the end of the day, so he was probably winding down.

Huey, local cannon, riding on Greek public transport after buying all the ww1 us pack equipment the local tour guides were using to shuttle tourists around with a big pile of the stuff in front of him

the renault tank and guns on it, the pom pom in Maine.....
    A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Extractor

Quote Originally Posted by usmcdoc14 View Post
    Searching, found them, knew the guy from previous reading on his collection and never knew he sold stuff, ordered, got it in, perfect and covered in cosmoline
    stamped D44087GC

http://www.hayesotoupalik.com/U.S.%2...un%20Parts.htm

part number 001635 .30 BMG Extractor Unit for Bolt of all M1919A4 & M1919A6
    $40 shipping was like $3 or something
    I have no idea how many he has so don't be a douche and order like 20 if you don't need them, spread the wealth to others who need a spare.

Also on a similar note I am having one sent off to be scanned for CNC production and see what a buddy of mine could make them for, seeing as no one has gotten off their butt and put it to action
    The picture does not look like any 1919A4 extractor I have ever seen. Yes, extractors are impossible to find. Someone with CNC could make some big bucks if he would start making 1919A4 extractors and 7.62 belt feed pawls.

Cool 1919 extractors !!

the problem is that as soon as you put some big $$$$$ into this , somebody---somewhere will come up with 1000000 WW2 and sell em for $10.00.
    i've been looking into this and called all the big "players" to see whats in stock. they all said none .
    well i think it's time for KMP to take the plunge. hope the 1000000 come out before i get to far into it.
    JMO.
    tomt
    thats what i thought!