Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a MG-15 kit

Looking for a MG-15 kit

Looking for a MG-15 kit. I have seen the ones that IMA offers but just wondering what other kits might be for sale.

PM if you have a kit to sell. I am looking for a complete kit.

Thanks

As far as I have seen over the last 30 years, IMA was the only source of MG-15 kits. I have had both air and water cooled kits. I don't know what theirs look like new, but the air cooled gun I got in the transit chest looked like a new gun. The water cooled kit was in excellent condition too, just used. I used the aircooled kit to replace parts on my Japanese type 98 MG15, so I could shoot it. all parts fit and functioned well.

Is there a conversion to make these semi? I've looked at them for a while but never picked one up

S/a mg-15

Many of us bought 80% receivers that Orin sold many years back.
    He said then that there was a S/A design in the works.
    I'm not sure if it was his design or Len Savage's design.
    That was probably getting close to 10 years ago now.
    I sent my paper weight off to Jeff (Iron Creations ) a while back to have a look at to see if anything could be done with it.
    I offered it up as a genie pig for the masses.
    He at one time had a S/A design but I'm not sure what will or has come of it.
    He did say that Orin's design or part was not a viable candidate for use in his design, and sent it back.
    I haven't heard anything from or about Orin for awhile.

Perhaps
    Jeff , Orin , Len can resurrect a design for our parts kits other wise I might just sell it.
    GW

If you want to develop a semi design then the person you should be talking to is Dennis @ Midwest Metals

Quote Originally Posted by glassmountains View Post
    If you want to develop a semi design then the person you should be talking to is Dennis @ Midwest Metals
    Dennis seems to be the guy with quite a few semi designs...and they work well too.

I am buying one of his receivers and hopefully having him build a semi for me. I am also looking for a kit. And of course am a day late

I don't know if this helps but I found this today while surfing the web. It's not mine and I do not know anything about these.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=384914753

Thats a mg 08/15......different critter than a mg15...this is a mg 15 http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=385259852

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzsquid View Post
    I don't know if this helps but I found this today while surfing the web. It's not mine and I do not know anything about these.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=384914753