Belgian HP info

Thread: Belgian HP info

Belgian HP info

Anyone have a good site or reference for research on Belgian made HP's. Something you dont have to join or jump through your ass to get a one time shot of info.
    "Fat's all right as long as its not from the neck up" Major General Hunter Liggett circa 1919"
    Looking for sympathy, it's in the dictionary, right between SHIT and SYPHILIS" ...... Tom Jisa.... (My father-in-law) circa 1965.. or, if you prefer the more classical......Manus haec inimica tyrannis Einse petit placidam cum liberate quitem. (This hand, enemy to tyrants, By the sword seeks calm peacefulness with liberty)... Algernon Sidney.. (British patriot) circa 1665...

2. Remove Advertisements
    1919a4.com
    Advertisements

bump to the top.
    "Fat's all right as long as its not from the neck up" Major General Hunter Liggett circa 1919"
    Looking for sympathy, it's in the dictionary, right between SHIT and SYPHILIS" ...... Tom Jisa.... (My father-in-law) circa 1965.. or, if you prefer the more classical......Manus haec inimica tyrannis Einse petit placidam cum liberate quitem. (This hand, enemy to tyrants, By the sword seeks calm peacefulness with liberty)... Algernon Sidney.. (British patriot) circa 1665...

Hi-power info

I came to this section for the same thing! I just picked up an early 80's Belgian version,I think it was a police contract unit because besides the serial number it has another number on the slide and frame,they match and start with GVD,from what I have seen elsewhere these were marks for a specific police department,other then a lot of holster wear the gun looks new,perfect bore and tight fit,shoots great and now that I have worked over the cheap aftermarket mags it feeds everything! My only complaint is the sights,my aging eyes have a horrible time picking them out at the range,I was looking for some replacements but the front is the original pinned stud, and the rear is the slightly smaller dovetail. Do they make a set of hi visibility sights for this gun that doesn't require a mill to install?
    I even had my tiny daughter try it out,she might be 75 pound,she had no trouble with!

5. Remove Advertisements
    1919a4.com
    Advertisements

Been on a Hi Power kick lately...picked up a '64 Buenos Aires model and a newer Practical model also.
    Ample reading material here:
    http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/HiPowerComments.html

Also a shop in Fremont, Nebraska, Cylinder and Slide, seems to be the preferred HP custom shop.
    http://www.cylinder-slide.com
    "You're not smarter than John Moses Browning"

7. Remove Advertisements
    1919a4.com
    Advertisements