HK 21 /23 Questions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HK 21 /23 Questions

HK 21 /23 Questions

HI all looking for some knowledge on HK 21 belt fed build

I'm in Ca and we have newer even more insane gun laws coming in Jan 1 and nope I'm not moving or running

I purchased a lot of belt feed stuff this year also ive been buying receivers. you ak ar different stuff to build later

So ive run out of cash and one of my unicorn gun is the HK21 their any place from 8 to 12k

I' mlooking to see what type of receiver the 21 is built on? is it ptr 91 receiver or G3 type or a hk44?

Just thinking at least if I can buy a receiver and build later .

Really need as much info as anyone can give if you any ideas please speak up.

Thanks big time IN advance Will

Hi Will
    I built 1 off of a virgin FMP receiver and one off of a virgin SW3 receiver. Both were the old style feed mechs.
    Both were Cali guns. You could build from a 91 or a PTR .
    (1) was stamped sheet metal (1) was milled .
    I had them built by Ralph at RDTS .
    You can try Michaels Machines ? He makes the E versions

There is a guy that is in Calif. Riverside area that is building them from all virgin stuff. NEW barrels and everything.
    Building E versions of both the .223 and .308 as well as a convertible version. so you will be able to switch calibers.

Not sure if he will do partial build stuff.
    I'd kind of like one of the converto E style myself.

You do know your unicorns welcome to Dreamland.
    GW

Quote Originally Posted by George W View Post
    Hi Will
    I built 1 off of a virgin FMP receiver and one off of a virgin SW3 receiver. Both were the old style feed mechs.
    Both were Cali guns. You could build from a 91 or a PTR .
    (1) was stamped sheet metal (1) was milled .
    I had them built by Ralph at RDTS .
    You can try Michaels Machines ? He makes the E versions

There is a guy that is in Calif. Riverside area that is building them from all virgin stuff. NEW barrels and everything.
    Building E versions of both the .223 and .308 as well as a convertible version. so you will be able to switch calibers.

Not sure if he will do partial build stuff.
    I'd kind of like one of the converto E style myself.

You do know your unicorns welcome to Dreamland.
    GW
    Thanks George I hit Michael up but won't do just a receiver so any ptr 91 style receiver will work, I've be puttingn the 21 off for other things u know 249 , M60. 1919 M2HB maxim etc. so great no

4. Remove Advertisements
    1919a4.com
    Advertisements

I will have some more info for you in a few days.
    Ralph at RDTS will probably do one but he is a HK guru.
    Guru clocks seem to run slow just like some others Gurus on this board.
    Can you weld?

RTDS did my PSG-1 conversion and it is a customized format to my specifications and i could no be Happier with it in way !!

I couldn't be happier with mine either .

I was just trying to say that all good, scratch that all great things aren't built overnight.
    I think he is one of if not the best HK smith out there.
    Really kind of glad I don't live next to him or I'd be living in a van down by the river. or a cardboard fridge box

I have an MM23e with the 21e conversion from Michael's Machines. He builds them off of PTR 91 receivers and pretty much all the parts are made in house, by him. The quality is unsurpassed and I'd have to say he makes the best 23/21e clone on the market, hands down. I would recommend giving him a call, he'll give you all the info you need. The only downside besides the price (starting at $11k) is the wait time which is about 6 months if I remember correctly.

I remember GW bringing the HK 21 out to the range at Lytle Creek, that was one beautiful firing weapon. GW could fire it so fast it sounded almost like FA!

That was when it was mounted in the MG-42 tripod.
    But it was hard on the trigger pack.
    mostly from letting everyone shoot it.
    They would pound on the remote firing lever .
    Once you figured out the right amount of pressure it had a sweet spot.
    How much was .308 back then?
    Seems like ages ago

Quote Originally Posted by LRM View Post
    I have an MM23e with the 21e conversion from Michael's Machines. He builds them off of PTR 91 receivers and pretty much all the parts are made in house, by him. The quality is unsurpassed and I'd have to say he makes the best 23/21e clone on the market, hands down. I would recommend giving him a call, he'll give you all the info you need. The only downside besides the price (starting at $11k) is the wait time which is about 6 months if I remember correctly.

+1 for Michael's Machines. His guns work well and most consider him the best builder for the 21/23 platform, he definitely has made the most. Ralph (RDTS) has been building them for decades. There is also TPM Outfitters, TSC Machine, and I think the guy in California is actually in Chino, and that is Beltfed Precision Products. I've heard of lots of problems with BPP guns and extremely long wait times.

'Sup LRM!