HK 21 /23 Questions - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HK 21 /23 Questions

so now I'm on the hunt for a nice PTR 91 receiver I have a nos POF 308 Stripped received for trade or cash

I'm guessing this might fit the build but when it comes to HK stuff I know nothing so any guidance welcomed.

http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/G3...BO-26p2164.htm

then we have the sacro but when buying from them in the past its been hit and miss for me

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/ptr91receiver.aspx

OR
    https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/oth...-firearms.html
    Last edited by baker72; 10-15-2016 at 02:50 PM.

So what will you do once you have the receiver?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Maim View Post
    So what will you do once you have the receiver?
    It will disappear into my safe until I stumble blindly into a kit, I know their not cheap nothing ever is, something worth having might take some time to find.

4. Remove Advertisements
    1919a4.com
    Advertisements

I would recommend buying the tools to bend your own 80% flat; from there you can build quite a few other HK receivers. I built a hk94 a few years ago, if you like building you won't regret having the tooling... but then you might be tempted by other parts you never shopped for (everyone needs a 10mm HK pistol).

I have no experience with the HK 21/23 besides drooling over building one myself. The trunion on fixed barrel HKs are spot welded; I have no idea how the quick-change barrel of the HK21 works. Do you have to grind the welds on a PTR build? Hopefully someone chimes in on this.

BTW If you are near Colorado I know where there is a bending jig you are welcome to use.

Quote Originally Posted by johnson LMG View Post
    I'm on my second and I'd recommend buying one that's complete and running. By the time you scrape up all the high dollar parts and assemble it I can't see how it's worth it unless you are an excellent tig welder? My first one was built on a PTR by one of the top builders that does a LOT of them and it was soso. Ran most of the time, but was high maintenance.....lots of broken parts. Easy to fix, but just needy. It was 21 with many e upgrades. Currently have a top of the line 21e built on a 91, all german parts, runs much better and much longer but it's like a Ferrari, 2500 miles and think about serious maintenance. Good parts for these are drying up and US made parts are not of the quality of the originals so the lifespan and operation is probably half. Probably the harshest gun I own to shoot. They look cool as hell in the garage, though.....just like the Ferrari, park it unless you want to fix it, and like the Ferrari there's no shop around the corner that works on them either.
    I would like to buy complete but i've been buying a lot other items of late because we have another ban coming in ca 1st of the year. So this way I can build later. I wont be moving anytime soon I feel its my duty to stay and rub in their crying bleeding lefty hearts plus a lot of the young guys have got into firearms so I do hold some hope for the future

I'm a car guy so I fully understand your analogy , cool things don't also work as well as they look.

Cheers Will

Quote Originally Posted by jimb0 View Post
    I would recommend buying the tools to bend your own 80% flat; from there you can build quite a few other HK receivers. I built a hk94 a few years ago, if you like building you won't regret having the tooling... but then you might be tempted by other parts you never shopped for (everyone needs a 10mm HK pistol).

I have no experience with the HK 21/23 besides drooling over building one myself. The trunion on fixed barrel HKs are spot welded; I have no idea how the quick-change barrel of the HK21 works. Do you have to grind the welds on a PTR build? Hopefully someone chimes in on this.

BTW If you are near Colorado I know where there is a bending jig you are welcome to use.
    thanks for the offer but I'm in commiefornia , I think the HK21 is like my m60, a trunnion welded or riveted to a sheet metal receiver looks like it function like mg 42 ? open to the right but again I'm guessing as I've never seen one in person, your right about need more though
    Last edited by baker72; 10-30-2016 at 03:24 PM.