if you like m14's your going to like this m14

Thread: if you like m14's your going to like this m14

if you like m14's your going to like this m14

so after 20 years of looking and dreaming about getting a M14k , thinking and hoping that SEI might start up making them again.
    there was some talk about it in 2014 only to hear that no they are not going to make them anymore ,then I finnaly found this

La France M14k

Last edited by baker72; 12-03-2016 at 07:31 PM.

Whats with the M60 looking gas cylinder?
    My solution for everything: "Use a bigger hammer or more bullets."

Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    Whats with the M60 looking gas cylinder?
    M14k K for kurtz German for short , aka mini m60 the M14k from Tim La France and Ron Smith of SEI was built in the 80s using a modified m60 gas system to make the m14 controllable under full auto fire , they made them in both semi and full auto, my girl is semi and I'm very very happy to have found her at long last

4. Remove Advertisements
    1919a4.com
    Advertisements

Looks neat, very different. How are you going to attach a sound suppressor to it though?

Interesting. How does the M60 gas system help? Not a quick change barrel, is it?

like I said above the modified M60 gas system is there to make the M14 controllable in full auto it does work and its helps id fast semi also I think I'm going to run a Aim point scope on here, I'm just happy to finally have found one I cant have sound device in my state

Quote Originally Posted by baker72 View Post
    like I said above the modified M60 gas system is there to make the M14 controllable in full auto it does work and its helps id fast semi also I think I'm going to run a Aim point scope on here, I'm just happy to finally have found one I cant have sound device in my state
    I guess the better question is whats the reasoning behind it? Id assume maybe a larger piston adds reciprocating mass and lowers recoil?
    My solution for everything: "Use a bigger hammer or more bullets."

Congrats saw your post on the other forum. I have two and they are very nice to shoot. I had seen this one for sale for a while. I am glad it found a new home. Now you just need to convince Tim to make a folding stock for you.

Quote Originally Posted by gunrunner99 View Post
    Congrats saw your post on the other forum. I have two and they are very nice to shoot. I had seen this one for sale for a while. I am glad it found a new home. Now you just need to convince Tim to make a folding stock for you.
    I Didn't know he was still active? here are some more pics

I don't think he's "active". I spoke with him at the SAR show last year and he has messed up shoulders and he's no spring chicken anymore. He made some pretty creative stuff back in the day and registered it so that was a huge plus for NFA owners to this day.