FG42 - heaven is near
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FG42 - heaven is near

FG42 - heaven is near

Look what I have been fingering for the last few days. It will be coming up to auction in a few months.

Firearms engineer for hire on a piece work basis.

http://weaponblueprints.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    1919a4.com
    Advertisements

That one is a beauty for sure, most of us can only dream of owning an original. Myself included.
    At least I have some new pictures for my computer wallpaper now, thanks for posting them.
    Please post a link when it comes up for auction.
    CaptMax
    "Most respect the badge, they all respect the gun" - Robert De Nero in the movie Righteous Kills

Considering that is probably one of the rarest most expensive MG's to come up for auction worth hundreds of thousands you would think they could scrounge up a $50 German WWII 8mm ammo can to photograph it propped up on rather than a cheap modern US ammo can. Makes the pics seem kinda hokey IMO with that in them. Sorta like an original M1895 Colt MG propped up on a $10 box of Tula ammo to me. Love the gun, but I would fire the photographer.

5. Remove Advertisements
    1919a4.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    Look what I have been fingering for the last few days. It will be coming up to auction in a few months.
    Sam; Where else has that finger been? Wait! Maybe I really don't want to know.
    “Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
    – Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Former MIke Free gun sold by the state of PA at auction to compensate victims of Free's business violations. Seems more and more FGs are making it to market by private sale or auction. Couple 1st model FGs have been offered recently, one somewhat publicly and one privately. Nice to see them change hands.

Quote Originally Posted by bmg17a1 View Post
    Former MIke Free gun sold by the state of PA at auction to compensate victims of Free's business violations. Seems more and more FGs are making it to market by private sale or auction. Couple 1st model FGs have been offered recently, one somewhat publicly and one privately. Nice to see them change hands.
    What's the story?

The story is hilarious, stuff you can't make up, it's all on the web to read. Mongo is not the only one to have fingered it, many have and the gun has a long history.....well OK, maybe not that long since it's not C+R. Charles Logan collection......that is indeed funny.

So a fictional character on some TV show owned this? All over the internet might be true, but for me, not being in the know has prevented any hilarity from being discovered. J

Thanks! I'm sure he has quite the personality. J

Free bought most, or at least a lot of the collection of Lou Pascilla, if I recall his last name correctly, a friend of his who had some unusual SMGs such as one of the double magwell MP40s and other stuff such as a couple of 2nd model FG42s and other German MGs that were his favorite. Prior to his passing, I had worked on several of Lou's guns and spent time with him a the creek when he wasn't shooting. At one point I had talked to him about buying one of his FG42s, but it didn't happen. I did buy an FG42 some years later and have it still. When Lou passed Free muscled into the collection and none of them reached the market that I recall. No doubt others had some hope of acquiring some of his guns, but I don't know if Free got all of them or not. Free's money for Lou's guns might have come from the customers that he fleeced, in my opinion, but who knows. I didn't get along with Free at all, but enjoyed Lou a lot and was sorry to see him go. He really enjoyed his MGs!

13. Remove Advertisements
    1919a4.com
    Advertisements