1919 A4 Forums banner

M2HB scope mount

3K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  Buck 
#1 ·
I have the scope mount that slides over the top plate and clamps on to the gun with the pictinary rail mount and one on the side for a light or laser. Can anyone take that mount cut the pictanary rail off and weld it to the cover I have that goes where the rear sight goes. The plate has the three holes already that hold it down to the receiver. I do see that BMG parts have this mount already. Just don't know who well it will be to sight in a red dot with that rail I have now, it would be to sight in with it being so high above the gun, unless it does not matter. Thanks, Jerod

#2 ·
Just install the mount as is and put your scope on it. What you are wanting to do with that scope mount will ruin your weapon.

Trust me it works much better if you don't mess with it.

Here is a link to what it will look like mounted, plus you won't have to lay on the ground provided you are using an M3 tripod set up: http://www.smithenterprise.com/imagesprod/m2hbvortex.lg02.jpg

V/R
Buck
J3 Master Gunner
US Army (Ret.)

#5 ·
mount

Will be at least 200 yards minimum at a dirt back stop mostly then a car later this year but that is 250-300 yards. The used barrel I have when installed headspaces with the barrel screwed all the way in, but if you open it up to the "normal" two clicks the headspace is to much and will not function, but with the barrel all the way in the headspace gauge just slides in and the gun shoots great. Thanks, Jerod

#6 ·
Will be at least 200 yards minimum at a dirt back stop mostly then a car later this year but that is 250-300 yards. The used barrel I have when installed headspaces with the barrel screwed all the way in, but if you open it up to the "normal" two clicks the headspace is to much and will not function, but with the barrel all the way in the headspace gauge just slides in and the gun shoots great. Thanks, Jerod
Watch that barrel closely and recheck the headspace after 1/2 a belt or so (50 rds). I've never seen a barrel screwed completely into the barrel extension that is "GO" on the headspace guage in 26 years. The tightest I've ever seen is 2 clicks out. Have you checked the barrel extension for excessive wear or burgered up threads? Do you have another barrel to check the headpace?

That barrel may have excessive throat erosion.

V/R

#7 ·
M2hb

The gun is new CWA build. Barrel is not new but it about half worn, after checking the brass after firing the case does not stretch and is all in spec, if I go two clicks out, the gun does not function, then only 1 click out and you will get about 4-5 rounds to fire then it will not cycle, but if you do no clicks out, it headspaces and the run shoots perfect. Thanks, Jerod

#8 ·
The gun is new CWA build. Barrel is not new but it about half worn, after checking the brass after firing the case does not stretch and is all in spec, if I go two clicks out, the gun does not function, then only 1 click out and you will get about 4-5 rounds to fire then it will not cycle, but if you do no clicks out, it headspaces and the run shoots perfect. Thanks, Jerod
Well,
Ed made mine many years ago too. First one I've seen all the way screwed in, and there's a first for everything. The "NO GO" gauge doesn't slide in the T slot at 0 clicks?

V/R

#10 · (Edited)
Buck correct, the no go side does not go in, but the go side has just a little friction in the slot. Thanks ,Jerod
GTG! Stay safe shooting!

Several things I've learned in the last 16 years since I've known Ed Haywood: if he says it's true when he comments on an M2HB, MC3AC or Dragon 50 is that the statement he makes is true, and he is one person you can trust to have your six in a firefight... period.

V/R

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.