WTB Lakeside 1919 or 1917 kit - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WTB Lakeside 1919 or 1917 kit

Quote Originally Posted by panaceabeachbum View Post
    Thats beautiful. They sure are ammo dependent, CCI Mini mag all the way for me
    Thanks! Mini mags is all I can get my HB to shoot.

IMG_1173.JPG

IMG_1171.JPG

I bet that kit is a nightmare to get running. I have a Lakeside Razorback upper and it took me a bit to get it running, and it still has good days and bad. Finicky for sure. Really cool when its working well though.

If you find one, its gonna be HIGH. Even the uppers like mine(AND spare parts) are bringing big money now. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Brass Cartridge View Post
    FHIV
    What are you willing to spend on a kit? A 1919a4 model with tripod, pintle, t&e, spade grips and a spare lock frame ...
    I set one aside and have since acquired a full size .22 trainer. I would consider selling the Lakeside kit.
    Hi, I am open to negotiate a price. I have been looking at making one from scratch and realized it would be a lot easier to purchase a kit. I am not looking for a completed gun as I want to enjoy the frustration of trying to build one of these. I also want to know the answer as to what the heck I was thinking about when I took this project on. Please contact me at fhiv@sbcglobal.net.
    Frank

4. Remove Advertisements
    1919a4.com
    Advertisements

NRA sold a complete one i built a while back on GB, I missed the close was always curious what it sold for.

I dont know how many kits were released but I only had involvement in 34. I always wanted one of the m2hb but never was successful in talking Eric out of one of those kits.

Even when they were being sold new-in-box as it were, parts kits for the Lakeside 1919 (with tripod) were ~$1.5K and the M2HB, ~$4.5K. The M2 is a more difficult build but with a bunch of help from Eric and some brainstorming we got a few built and running. From the last sale/build on the forum, I suspect there are low single-digits of un-built or not-running M2 kits out there, no idea about 1919's or 1917s. I know of an un-built 1917 kit but it's not for sale as it would complete my set . FWIW, in my experience, the miniatures are a bit easier to get running well and stay running well than the Razorbacks as long as you get ammo they like.

According to a posting on the Lakeside forum, Eric is looking at selling the business again and so they might become available. A WTB ad there might turn up a kit that was beyond someone's capabilities too.

[QUOTE=Hawk;452393]If you find a kit here is how to finish it. www.mini1919.com finishing the kit I didn't find it that difficult but getting them to run reliably is difficult for sure. Here's a couple of pic of a water cooled M2 that I'm currently working on. No kits or parts for this one from Lakeside so I have had to make everything. Springs and all.

Thanks for the link. You did a beautiful job. I Bought a full size 1919 to use as a template to complete an AutoCAD file so I could do a build from scratch. I do not have access to a Lakeside 1919 so I have a few areas that I need to work out in my design. Do you have any additional photos you could share that are not on your site? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shred View Post
    Even when they were being sold new-in-box as it were, parts kits for the Lakeside 1919 (with tripod) were ~$1.5K and the M2HB, ~$4.5K. The M2 is a more difficult build but with a bunch of help from Eric and some brainstorming we got a few built and running. From the last sale/build on the forum, I suspect there are low single-digits of un-built or not-running M2 kits out there, no idea about 1919's or 1917s. I know of an un-built 1917 kit but it's not for sale as it would complete my set . FWIW, in my experience, the miniatures are a bit easier to get running well and stay running well than the Razorbacks as long as you get ammo they like.

According to a posting on the Lakeside forum, Eric is looking at selling the business again and so they might become available. A WTB ad there might turn up a kit that was beyond someone's capabilities too.
    Thanks for the info. I have tried to get on the Lakside Forum and been unable to. I thought the forum was down as every time I tried to register it gives me an error message.

[QUOTE=fhiv;453033]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    If you find a kit here is how to finish it. www.mini1919.com finishing the kit I didn't find it that difficult but getting them to run reliably is difficult for sure. Here's a couple of pic of a water cooled M2 that I'm currently working on. No kits or parts for this one from Lakeside so I have had to make everything. Springs and all.

Thanks for the link. You did a beautiful job. I Bought a full size 1919 to use as a template to complete an AutoCAD file so I could do a build from scratch. I do not have access to a Lakeside 1919 so I have a few areas that I need to work out in my design. Do you have any additional photos you could share that are not on your site? Thanks
    Fhiv, I have hundreds of pics. Just let me know what you need and I'll post them.

10. [QUOTE=fhiv;453033]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    If you find a kit here is how to finish it. www.mini1919.com finishing the kit I didn't find it that difficult but getting them to run reliably is difficult for sure. Here's a couple of pic of a water cooled M2 that I'm currently working on. No kits or parts for this one from Lakeside so I have had to make everything. Springs and all.

any chance you would share the autocad files for others interested in doing a build?

[QUOTE=Hawk;453097]
    Quote Originally Posted by fhiv View Post

Fhiv, I have hundreds of pics. Just let me know what you need and I'll post them.
    Hi,
    Thanks for the offer. I will be getting in contact with you soon. I can not private message yet.