WTB 1919 Bucking bar

Thread: WTB 1919 Bucking bar

WTB 1919 Bucking bar

I THINK I have everything but a bucking bar to finish my build. At risk of sounding cheap, this is probably the only kit I'll likely build (unless kits drop in price). If someone has a used or cheap bar laying around and would be willing to sell it, I'd be interested. I am just not looking for a huge investment. I have done some searches, however most of the good threads I've found range from 2007-2012, so I'm not optimistic these people are still around or selling stuff, hopefully I'm wrong. Thanks.

When I built my first one I actually made a small block for real cheap! It worked - just required a little more time and patience.....if you don't have any luck finding a wedge bar you can always fall back on this way to do it....

BuckingBlock.jpg
    Join Date (4/23/2004)
    Other Interests: NFA Stuff, Gunsmithing, Metal Fabrication.
    TLC Guns & Ammo Inc - 01 FFL
    Custom MG3 Tripod Adapters & Trunnion Hole Reduction Sleeves at:http://www.tlcguns.com

I'm sure there's someone close to you -- in Indiana, (about 63 miles) who can help you. Maybe let you take your parts set over there and see you through the process. Rather than tell you who it might be I'll let him respond if he wants, just wait a bit and see.

Carry On!
    Gary
    ><>
    Last edited by GWR1; 02-14-2017 at 08:16 AM.
    -- "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" -- Patrick Henry. (Shakespeare was right!)

-- The Law IS the law -- Unless You ARE The Law.

4. Remove Advertisements
    1919a4.com
    Advertisements

I used Brass`s method of a single block back in the days before this forum on my first 3 builds , it works !! I used an anvil corner to set the top plate rear rivets but then many years later someone suggested using a bolt and nut to back them and it works too !!

....several folks around...still...

Quote Originally Posted by psode27 View Post
    I THINK I have everything but a bucking bar to finish my build. At risk of sounding cheap, this is probably the only kit I'll likely build (unless kits drop in price). If someone has a used or cheap bar laying around and would be willing to sell it, I'd be interested. I am just not looking for a huge investment. I have done some searches, however most of the good threads I've found range from 2007-2012, so I'm not optimistic these people are still around or selling stuff, hopefully I'm wrong. Thanks.
    I lend bucking bar sets out for the cost of shipping and return. They are shipped in the medium PO flat rate box for about $17.00. There is also a member who lives just S. of you near Westfield,IN. who sponsored many build parties and machines internal parts. Email....or post reply with contact info....L999here@aol.com in South Bend,IN. Will be at the Valparaiso,IN. gun show this week end with a display. LMK....

Thanks for all of the replies! L99here- If it was about any other weekend I'd head up to the Valpo gun show. Unfortunately we are trying to move, and I've recruited some muscle to help load up a moving truck this weekend.
    I picked up a but of hardware, just to see how the nut and bolt bucking bar looks. If it looks sketchy, I'll probably take you up on the bucking bar rental. I've gotta finish out my RSP before I do anything, just trying to figure out what my options are. Thanks again!

I can help you with whatever you need, I work in Kokomo and live down the road in Westfield.
    I have everything, give me a call

Brian 317-847-3293

Just got an e-mail from Brian (30calmachinegunner) sayin to let you know he'd be glad to help you. I know him from several one-on-one contacts and can vouch "he's da man." Don't waste your money on the wedges for one build, or the time, aggravation and finesse needed for the "nut & bolt" jobbie. Contact him, take the day and visit him with your parts set ready to assemble -- it's very little, next to nothing. Maybe go out for lunch afterward.

Carry On!
    Gary
    ><>
    -- "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" -- Patrick Henry. (Shakespeare was right!)

-- The Law IS the law -- Unless You ARE The Law.