30-06 ammo
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: 30-06 ammo

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    SW Louisiana
    Posts
    24

    30-06 ammo

    Looking to feed my gun I found 30-06 brass cased ammo for $12.99 a box of 20. I bought 660 rounds and shipping was only $25.

    https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst...33B0283C88BB44

    30-06 Springfield 150 gr FMJ Frontier Police Trade 20/Box
    by HORNADY

  2. #2
    Good tip, thanks!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    798
    not sure what you are feeding,but factory FMJ ammo like this tends to not be the correct OAL for Brownings. you might want to check - also, if you shoot it in Garands, the ammo needs to be intended for M1s, as the powder may not provide the correct pressure curve and can damage the Op rod.....

  4. Remove Advertisements
    1919a4.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    SW Louisiana
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by MG08 View Post
    not sure what you are feeding,but factory FMJ ammo like this tends to not be the correct OAL for Brownings. you might want to check - also, if you shoot it in Garands, the ammo needs to be intended for M1s, as the powder may not provide the correct pressure curve and can damage the Op rod.....
    Looks like I have a lot to learn. I will be using it in a Browning M37. The ammo is bought and on the way so will have to see if it works.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    798
    Easy to place it in the feed way and see if it is the correct OAL. M2 ball has a longer OAL than say Federal FMJ. "short" rounds cause FTF problems in brownings, and the short round stop does not really always cure the problem.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Texas Hill Country
    Posts
    3,795
    I've got some you may be interested in. Post your disguised email here and I'll send you the info.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    SW Louisiana
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by glassmountains View Post
    I've got some you may be interested in. Post your disguised email here and I'll send you the info.
    Patprometheus NOSPAM AT gmail.com

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    SW Louisiana
    Posts
    24
    You were right. Won't shoot reliably. Luckily I have a friend with a bunch of DCM ammo who is willing to swap.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yuma , Arizona
    Posts
    2,284
    You could always glue a spacer to the front of the feedway as thick as the rounds are short . That will keep the extractor cut back where it needs to be .
    Chris

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    SW Louisiana
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by emmagee1917 View Post
    You could always glue a spacer to the front of the feedway as thick as the rounds are short . That will keep the extractor cut back where it needs to be .
    Chris
    That is more than I feel comfortable doing right now. Nobody else shoots FA where I shoot and I have to learn everything from the web.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-11-2016, 02:11 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-28-2016, 03:29 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2013, 03:57 PM
  4. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-28-2011, 09:02 AM
  5. WTS Polish 7.62x25 ammo-sealed cans -Greek 8x57 ammo
    By Bill2390 in forum The Ammo Dump
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-06-2011, 08:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •