Redneck scrap removal!

Thread: Redneck scrap removal!

Redneck scrap removal!

A scrounger friend of mine was offered a trailer, a junky little single axel fifth wheel,but before he could get it to his house another guy in town asked about,so my friend told him to take it to his place and pull what he needed off it then my friend would pull what he needed then the rest they would take to the scrap yard, a couple weeks later my friends wife asked what the trailer was doing in their yard,the guy that wanted a few pieces had filled it with scrap iron then dropped it at my friends place,after taking all the stuff my friend wanted, so my friend was so disgusted with the whole deal that he told me to drag it off,well I don't have fifth wheel on my truck so I slid it up on my car trailer and drug it home, when I got it home I tried to drag the scrap out but it wasn't working and it was too hot and the wasp were getting angry, so I wrapped a chain through all the pieces fired up the yard truck and gave it a good tug! Worked great, video is only 30 seconds.

I like your yard truck. CCKW?

yard truck

Yes it's a very nice original 1941, short wheel base, when I was cleaning it up I found the name " Bubbles" on the doors beneath the window openings,sounds like someone had the hots for a stripper! It's a great old truck that really earns it keep,last month a big wind storm blew over some russian olive trees,I take the yard truck down and use it to hold them up while I cut the smaller branches into firewood size then I bring the trunk home to cut up later,this trunk is 8 feet long and 24 inches across at the big end!

4. Remove Advertisements
    1919a4.com
    Advertisements

Nice work there with the trailer. That'll buff right out, a little bondo and some Krylon and it'll be as good as new!

Nice truck, and love your Ford too! Used to have a red one like that 76-78?.

scrap

The trailer was falling apart,water got under the sheathing and the wood turned to dust,I just wanted the frame and the fridge!
    The Ford is a 74 super cab,now has a 429/C6,with bucket seats and console shifter from a 68 Galaxie 500 XL!

I would love a CCKW! I will never be able to find or afford a halftrack, but one day, I'll find a CCKW or WC of some kind to restore. I'm just too big for my Willys MB
    Joshua 24:15

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve;..... but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Cckw

You should try getting in and out of a CCKW before you commit to one,they were all built for little guys,I'm 6'2" and the closed cab is really tight,I had built an open cab and it was even worse,my hips are shot and swinging my legs up over the opening was more then I could take,it sucks getting old!