1919 A4 Forums banner

found this great WW2 German photo for desk top

5K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  Apexgunparts 
#1 ·
Found this recently while gathering photos of WW2. I tried it as desktop background and it looks great. Its so far the best I have come across for a battle photo. Anyone else got a favorite ?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Over the years I have made a folder full of images that are my screen saver.
A few of the images do stand out as compared to others!

Tree Black-and-white Plant Architecture Material property

I ran across this picture while learning about the 8CM WWII German mortar that we had for sale:

Military organization Troop Soldier Infantry Combat vehicle

Richard

#9 ·
thanks for the update but still love the pic

tell your brother thanks for the use of the pic. I carried the M60 in Vietnam I did use it a few times from shoulder for rapid response but most often 6" off the ground to catch the little buggers laying down shooting at me. I ended up with M60 after they tried to force me to carry the XM16E1. Up till our deployment I carried a full auto M14. Now that's one you cant do much good from shoulder on full auto. But excellent from bipod on ground

#15 ·
Thanks

I was one of the first guys in my company formed in 63 at FT Benning to be the 11th Air Assault Div Test. I worked my way up to AR man in the squad with full auto M14. In 65 we were levied to go to Vietnam My brigade became Airborne Qualified and we received the new XM16E1 after qualifying with it and turning in my M14 I looked for an alternative. I found not many wanted to go in combat with M60 because life expectancy you may not last long as you are the target:). I was in A Co. 1st Bn ABN 8th Cav 1st Cav.Div Air. I and my M60 were in the 2 first night air assaults and a movie made about our company by ABC News called I am a soldier. My film clip shooting off the bipod was used in the news for years and was quite a surprise to me one night while wife and I was watching news and saw it> My hats off to all who served. Attached photo of my combat patch and me and my M60 I am guy with 45 The brigade only had jump status for 65 66 then no replacements were available.

Attachments

#14 ·
not ww 2 but recently

had to show you guy,s this pic, in case you did not hear ore see
last january 2017, the spanish national police arrested a group of people who
was involved in illigal arms selling
more then 10.000 guns most long arms were seized, the lott is much bigger as can be seen in this picture
Composite material Steel Factory Metal
Metal Architecture Metropolis City

#16 ·
had to show you guy,s this pic, in case you did not hear ore see
last january 2017, the spanish national police arrested a group of people who
was involved in illigal arms selling
more then 10.000 guns most long arms were seized, the lott is much bigger as can be seen in this picture
You may want to locate the more detailed version of the above "raid / arrest"
The Father & Daughter who are being harassed actually own a company in Spain that deactivates firearms and are licensed exporters.
All the guns in the picture's came out of their warehouse and are de-acts (old standard).
The excuse used to raid the business was that the Spanish Police thought one of their guns was used in the Paris terrorist attack.
Turns out they were wrong, their guns were not part of that attack and NONE of what was seized was live.
However, they did not miss the chance for the photo opportunity at the expense of a business.

I have a friend here in the USA who is a licensed importer and has a long time friendship with the people that own that business.
Once I heard the real story I dug around on the web and read follow up news that confirmed what he told me.
The guns originally were purchased direct from CETME when General Dynamics bought out the company and sold off the inventory.

Richard

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.