found this great WW2 German photo for desk top - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: found this great WW2 German photo for desk top

Repect to you as my close friend, David Lester Morgan was a pig gunner in Vietnam with the First Cav in 70/71. Many a harrowing story. J

2. Remove Advertisements
    1919a4.com
    Advertisements

His worst experience caused him to recite Don Mcleans "American Pie" song over and over while doing his job. He hated hippie music after that forever. He is gone now but I will never forget that story. J

Quote Originally Posted by Apexgunparts View Post
    This picture shows another yard full of surrendered equipment after WWII:

Attachment 40801

Richard
    Jap, I believe. Aren't those Type 97 coax guns in the foreground? And the slotted jacket M2 brownings. Wonder if those are the tripods behind them.

255-tank-machine-gun-type-97.jpg

not ww 2 but recently

had to show you guy,s this pic, in case you did not hear ore see
    last january 2017, the spanish national police arrested a group of people who
    was involved in illigal arms selling
    more then 10.000 guns most long arms were seized, the lott is much bigger as can be seen in this picture
    images4.persgroep spain.jpg 14-03-17 armas cinfiscado.jpg

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frazer42 View Post
    Repect to you as my close friend, David Lester Morgan was a pig gunner in Vietnam with the First Cav in 70/71. Many a harrowing story. J
    I was one of the first guys in my company formed in 63 at FT Benning to be the 11th Air Assault Div Test. I worked my way up to AR man in the squad with full auto M14. In 65 we were levied to go to Vietnam My brigade became Airborne Qualified and we received the new XM16E1 after qualifying with it and turning in my M14 I looked for an alternative. I found not many wanted to go in combat with M60 because life expectancy you may not last long as you are the target. I was in A Co. 1st Bn ABN 8th Cav 1st Cav.Div Air. I and my M60 were in the 2 first night air assaults and a movie made about our company by ABC News called I am a soldier. My film clip shooting off the bipod was used in the news for years and was quite a surprise to me one night while wife and I was watching news and saw it> My hats off to all who served. Attached photo of my combat patch and me and my M60 I am guy with 45 The brigade only had jump status for 65 66 then no replacements were available.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by master22nl View Post
    had to show you guy,s this pic, in case you did not hear ore see
    last january 2017, the spanish national police arrested a group of people who
    was involved in illigal arms selling
    more then 10.000 guns most long arms were seized, the lott is much bigger as can be seen in this picture
    You may want to locate the more detailed version of the above "raid / arrest"
    The Father & Daughter who are being harassed actually own a company in Spain that deactivates firearms and are licensed exporters.
    All the guns in the picture's came out of their warehouse and are de-acts (old standard).
    The excuse used to raid the business was that the Spanish Police thought one of their guns was used in the Paris terrorist attack.
    Turns out they were wrong, their guns were not part of that attack and NONE of what was seized was live.
    However, they did not miss the chance for the photo opportunity at the expense of a business.

I have a friend here in the USA who is a licensed importer and has a long time friendship with the people that own that business.
    Once I heard the real story I dug around on the web and read follow up news that confirmed what he told me.
    The guns originally were purchased direct from CETME when General Dynamics bought out the company and sold off the inventory.

Richard
    APEX Gun Parts
    719-481-2050

Mon-Fri 8am to 4:30pm MT
    www.apexgunparts.com

Like us on Facebook!
    https://www.facebook.com/ApexGunParts

Follow APEX on TWITTER!
    https://twitter.com/apexgunparts

Quote Originally Posted by howiebearse View Post
    I was one of the first guys in my company formed in 63 at FT Benning to be the 11th Air Assault Div Test. I worked my way up to AR man in the squad with full auto M14. In 65 we were levied to go to Vietnam My brigade became Airborne Qualified and we received the new XM16E1 after qualifying with it and turning in my M14 I looked for an alternative. I found not many wanted to go in combat with M60 because life expectancy you may not last long as you are the target. I was in A Co. 1st Bn ABN 8th Cav 1st Cav.Div Air. I and my M60 were in the 2 first night air assaults and a movie made about our company by ABC News called I am a soldier. My film clip shooting off the bipod was used in the news for years and was quite a surprise to me one night while wife and I was watching news and saw it> My hats off to all who served. Attached photo of my combat patch and me and my M60 I am guy with 45 The brigade only had jump status for 65 66 then no replacements were available.
    Sir- My hat is off to you. it is a rare opportunity to be able to say thank you to those who came before us, and I was in long enough ago to have men serve with me and for me that were RVN vets. Never a finer group of men. Just as good if not better than "the greatest generation", and my honor to be able to lead. Thanks.

Identify the equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Apexgunparts View Post
    This picture shows another yard full of surrendered equipment after WWII:

Attachment 40801

Richard
    Would the experts be kind enough to identify as much of the equipment as possible, including the aircraft in the background.

Thanks!
    I'll patiently re-size and trim brass, re-prime, charge w powder, and seat bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by howiebearse View Post
    Is this it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DWMS43OZes

This one says it all, going after a sniper...big time lit up mountain side.jpg
    "I say, nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure"

12. Remove Advertisements
    1919a4.com
    Advertisements