1919 A4 Forums banner

My new OOW 1918A3 BAR

30K views 112 replies 32 participants last post by  elvis3006 
#1 ·
Hello everyone I am a proud new owner of a new semi auto BAR. Been waiting awhile for this and I must say I am impressed with the workmanship! I have not fired it yet but would like to know if there is a limit to the power/grain of 3006 I can fire through this. I do not use hand loads. Also the mag pictured on the left will not seat into the receiver properly, does the mag catch lip on the magazine itself need to be modified ? The one on the right works no problem. Thank you.

See less See more
#37 ·
Hi All ;) Anyone experience this issue with their BAR ? Went to fire it today and had several failure to fire issues. Cocked the rifle took up aim squeezed the trigger and all I heard was a click :confused: Waited awhile before cocking and extracting the round in case of a delayed primer going off. Inspected the round and the primer was struck, so I repeated this action six times each with a fresh round and the same thing happened . So to ensure this was a firearm issue and not ammo I took one of the struck primer failed to go off 3006 rounds and loaded it into my M1 Garand took aim and fired, the round went off. Took the BAR apart inspected the bolt, firing pin, trigger mech/hammer, all looked alright. Cleaned wiped all parts and put it back together. Loaded up another mag and the BAR worked :D I took pictures, you can see in the first pictures the firing pin, looks ok. Next series of pictures you can see the 3006 ammo used. The still live round on the left shows the failure to fire one, the primer is struck but still no boom. The casing next to it is fired, after I cleaned the bolt group and you can see a much more definite strike on the primer. Next picture shows other casings of successful fired rounds. Long story short the BAR works fine now. What do you think ? Was the firing pin blocked from fully going forward after being struck by the hammer, anyone experience this before ?

#40 ·
Love to take you up on that, but here in the peoples republic of Kanada we can only have mags that are blocked to 5 rds. Plus I believe in the USA you can only export firearm stuff if you have the permit or license from the State dept I believe. Thanks all the same.

#54 ·
Elvis, it is truly a thing of beauty and a joy forever!

#58 ·
Will do lol ! When I first got the 43 Firestone stock and took it apart to clean, it was full of sand mixed with oil :eek: If only it could speak, should've had the sand analyzed to find out what region it was in. Oh and anyone else with one of these post your pictures of em here, lets see them.

#61 ·
Yes I reenact with the 26th Id. My great uncle was a b.a.r. gunner in wwii with original unit I reenact with. Mostly wear out fit to do battle of bulge and dday live fire matches with it.

1919 is my build using 100% Saginaw parts, and a t&s mfg plate marked fir Saginaw. Toolman was instrumental with helping bring it to life, and use if his shop.

#68 ·
I have had the pleasure of shooting two of the OOW BARs that belong to friends. They are a blast, no question and pun not intended. I expect to get behind one of the new HCARs sometime next month. Looking forward to that. And by the way, did anyone else get a look at the new, Colt-branded 1918 that OOW had at KCR?

#69 ·
When you can’t have a full auto BAR, the OOW BAR fills the bill.
Definly will turn heads at the range. Very accurate and a pleasure to shoot.
I’ve put 400 rds through my BAR and no problems, mostly M2 Ball, no commercial rds.
Did have to have a new front sight…not tall enough, OOW sent one built to my specs.
Just to sit and look at the weapons is worth the price of admission.:D
Too bad about the 5 rd limit, I'm stuck at 10.....til I go north.
Russ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.